Monticello United Beautiful Game Academy
Motivated soccer players (boys & girls) who want to attend, exhibit a definite interest in soccer, and come to play!
The Academy focuses on developing players who love the game because they are growing in confidence with the ball, they are growing in their field awareness and understanding of how to use space on the field, and they are developing friendships in a competitive yet extremely encouraging environment. We strongly encourage and seek to nurture respect for others, humility, intensity and joy in using our athletic gifts, individual skill development, and team play.
Academy Structure & Details
- Experienced coaches on high-quality fields!
- Fun drills & small-sided games provide players with countless repetition in game-like situations.
- Thoughtful planning moves players from basic skill-development to implementation.
- Close attention given to proper dribbling, passing, receiving, & finishing technique, using both feet.
- Low player to coach ratio (approximately 8:1)
- Low player to ball ratio. Frequent 1:1 or 2:1 player to ball ratio to maximize touches on the ball.
- High encouragement to constructive-critique ratio.
- Ample time allotted for coached scrimmages for players to experience the game and implement skills.
Monticello United Soccer Park (MonU Park) on Polo Grounds Road.
Monday & Wednesday evenings, 5:30-6:30pm beginning August 31 and ending October 28.
(We plan to provide a couple of friendly scrimmages during the season)
$175 (MonU is proud to provide partial and/or full need-based financial assistance for underserved players.)
Click here to access the online registration page.
2021 SUMMER GIRLS TRAINING PROGRAM!
Monticello United Soccer Club is excited to announce our 2021 Summer Girls Training Program!
Don't let your development stop over the Summer. The Summer Training Program will develop your technical skills (lots of touches!), your tactical awareness (small sided games!), and enhance your fitness with game related training.
Training sessions will be run by coach Rachel, with assistance from other MonU staff coaches, including current and/or former collegiate & high level travel players. Training sessions will be challenging and will be conducted in a positive, supportive environment.
Training sessions will be twice a week, for 7 weeks (14 training sessions), running from June 7 thru July 22 (please see important message below in regard to the weeks of June 7 & June 14)
2010/2011 - Monday/Wednesday 9:30am-11:30am
2008/2009 - Monday/Wednesday 9:30am-11:30am
2006/2007 - Tuesday/Thursday 9:30am-11:30am
2003/04/05 - Tuesday/Thursday 9:30am-11:30am
IMPORTANT NOTICE - Due to public schools running late this year, the first two weeks of training (June 7-17) will be held in the evenings. The 2008-2011 age groups will be Monday/Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm, and the 2003-2007 age groups will be Tuesday/Thursday 6:00-7:30pm.
To register, please CLICK HERE
For information on Travel Soccer please visit the "TRAVEL" page.